Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Try. Fail. Fail better. Then Succeed.

So, my new mantra, for life is "try. Fail. Fail better. Then succeed." Most of what I do, I fail in the mosts epic fashion before I get something half way to ok. I have been sewing for as long as I can remember. I am not a novice with a sewing machine. 

This is a coat, I made for a sci-fi convention (and the fact that it is a freaking awesome coat.) I was completely ecstatic, when a panel of PROFESSIONAL  COSTUMERS, came up to me, and was asking me about my coat and how beautiful the detail was.

As I said I have been sewing since I can remember and before about two years ago, most of what I made looked like  this after about one use...



In fact, a year ago, my boyfriend at the time, had a zipper that had worn out on his favorite jacket. When I returned the thing with a new zipper and had to inform him my BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS went into the damed thing.

What I hope to share with you, is a few (many) laughs at my expense, as I deserve it most the time, and the mad crafting skillz I have honed over the 25 years I have been on this earth. (And what ever other crazy shenanigans I happen to find myself in)

No comments:

Post a Comment